Friday, June 10, 2011

Let It Rain




I have my own favorite list of songs for every occasion
I still do mix tape...
What i mean is mix audio cd since my car stereo does not support mp3

I have tracks for driving to work, driving to work in awful traffic jam,
when i'm feeling in love and romantic all of sudden,
when i'm down or stress
or when i'm sad and grieving.
I already have my wedding songlist and still deliberating some of my choices.

When I like one song in particular, for example Just Breathe by Pearl Jam...
I will search for the lyrics, interpret and relate it with life experience
and try to remember each words
I will search for the video clip and live performances
I even try to find out if there's a story behind the song
For me, lyrics complimenting the music
Tells a story to so many hearts
I even have the tendency to play the same song all over again until I get bored

Now I want to share my favorite grieving songs
Not that i'm sad right now...
It's just sometimes songs like these it's too beautiful and motivated
It's grieving in a good way...
it hurts when it heals too
It makes me realized not to take my loved ones for granted
to care, to love and to appreciate my family, my fiance and my friends.


This is my top 10 grieving songs.

1. Pearl Jam - Just Breathe

2. Snow Patrol - Run

3. Lifehouse - Storm

4. Coldplay - Fix you

5. Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle

6. The Platters - Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

7. Jon Bon Jovi - You wanna make a memory

8. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

9. Aizat - Pergi

10. P. Ramlee - Dimana kan ku cari ganti


I will share background of each song in my next post.



Backspacer- 2009


For now I wanna share about a beautiful song by Pearl Jam, Just Breathe.
It's the second single from Pearl Jam 9th Album- Backspacer back in 2009
If you listen closely it resembles a bit of Kansas- Dust in the wind
Actually the song came from Eddie Vedder's instrumental for "Into The Wild" film
It was call "Tuolomne" back then
Check out "Into The Wild" ost by Eddie Vedder -It's magical



Into the wild poster


For me, Just breathe is romantic and sad at the same time
I personally think it's about married couple growing old together
or someone is very sick and one knows that the time has come
All they want is just cherish the moment together before it's gone
This is a beautiful goodbye song
This song always make me teary-eyed
make me appreciate life even more


Pearl Jam -Just Breathe

Yes, I understand that every life must end, uh-huh
As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, uh-huh

Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love

Some folks just have one, yeah, others, they've got none


Stay with me...

Let's just breathe...


Practiced all my sins, never gonna let me win, uh-huh

Under everything, just another human being, uh-huh
I don't wanna hurt, there's so much in this world to make me believe

Stay with me
You're all I see...

Did I say that I need you?

Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me

As I come clean...


I wonder everyday, as I look upon your face, uh-huh
Everything you gave And nothing you would save, oh no
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave...

Did I say that I need you?
Oh, did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
And I come clean,

ah...
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave

Hold me til I die

Meet you on the other side...
Vedder described this to the Canadian radio station The Edge
as "as close to a love song as we've ever gotten."

He added to the Toronto Globe and Mail:
"There's never a dull moment on the road – every day it's something.
Maybe that's why my goal is the dull moment.
That's what this song is: It's saying, 'Just stop, and be together.
Don't talk now, just breathe and feel each other's presence
– now that the kids are in bed.'"



MY INTERMONOLOGUE:
Pearl Jam - Just Breathe

No comments: